Churches of Taylor County, Fl.
Missionary Baptist Church
Affiliation: Southern Baptist Convention
Location 1939: 16 mi W of Perryone Hampton Springs Rd by ¼ right of highway
Location 2002: 100 Ridge Rd, Perry 32348
Current pastor: Pastor D. Daniel Lundy
Telephone: (850) 384-4979
Church Historian: Interviews: W D, Wilson, Church Clerk; C. W. Persons, Pastor; Prevatt Wilson, member, Stanton, Fl.
Began 1872. Constituted 1872; first report to convention 1878. The first building was of rough lumber and was used until 1929 when present building (size about 26x30) was bought from the school board after being used 1 yr as a school building. This building was torn down, moved ½ mi to present site, rebuilt and covered with tin, ceiled and painted.
Pastors who have served this church are:
o first settled pastor was J. H. Wentworth , 1878-1879. Common school.
o present pastor C. W. Persons, 1939--. University of Florida, Gainesville.
o preceding pastor was J. E. Varen, 1911. Common School
1) LEDGER 1897 Condition fair considering age. In home of W, W. Wilson, church clerk. back of ice plant on W. Railroad St. 1 vol. minutes, contributions, and disbursements.
References: 1939 WPA Historic Records Survey