Churches of Taylor County, Fl.
Hope M. E. Church, South
Location 1939: 8½ mi. S Perry on Hwy #19
Church Historian: Interviewed: Wm L. Windsor, Pastor; Mrs. D. D. Houck, Older member
Organized 1878; The church was organized by Dugald Calhoun and first services were held in a log building. Present white frame building 32x45 being erected in 1909.
Pastors who have served this church are:
o first settled pastor was Dougold Calhoun, 1878--. Education Common school.
o present (1940) pastor was Wm P. Windsor, 1937-- Fenholloway, Fl. Common school
1) A short historical sketch written 1939 by D. D. Houck and in house of Wm L Windsor, Fenholloway, Fl. Not written in any church record book.
2) There is no financial record kept. Offerings being taken for pastors salary or to defray any other expenses.
3) CHURCH REGISTER A record of New Hope M. E. Church South containing minutes (these are loose leaves in church register), marriages, births, and deaths, dismissals and how dismissed' membership roll and how received. 1 vol. in house of D. D. Houck, 9 mi S of Perry, left Hwy #19.
References: 1939 WPA Historic Records Survey