Churches of Taylor County, Fl. 




Methodist Episcopal Church South 


Denomination:  Methodist
Affiliation:  
Location 1939: Route 2, Fenholloway, at Fenholloway ¼ mi. from highway    
Location 2013: 

Mail addr: 
Current pastor: 
Telephone: 
Race: White
Church Historian:  Interviewed: Wm. L. Windsor, Pastor



     Organized 1903;  First services held Fenholloway Spring House for a short time; Francis M. Houck's store; school house; then in 1905 present site was donated by W. J. Heirs and a rectangular, white fram building with bell and altar service was erected.


   Pastors who have served this church are:
    o    first settled pastor was Rev. J. L. Yates,  November-December 1903.
    o    present (1940) pastor was C. C. Martin.

Church records:

     1) LEDGER (Church Records), 1938--, Showing minutes of meetings, membership rolls, baptisms, deaths; receipts and disbursements.  Custody of clerk, Daisy (Sneed) Dunn, Perry.

    2) CHURCH REGISTER, 1936--, 1 vol. Showing minutes of meetings, membership roll, baptisms, deaths. Custody of A. E. Jackson, Fenholloway.

    3) SUNDAY SCHOOL RECORDS, 1939--, 1 vol. Showing pupils, teachers, officers,  attendance, visitors.

References:  1939 WPA Historic Records Survey




Return to Taylor

FLGenWeb Counties    FLGenWeb Archives
©2013- FLGenWeb Project, Inc.