Churches of Taylor County, Fl. 




Friendship Baptist Church  


Denomination:  Baptist Concurrently called Stephensville. 1888-1889
Affiliation:  Southern Baptist Convention
Location 1939: Steinwhatchie, Main Rd.       
Location 2002: 

Mail addr: 
Current pastor: 
Telephone: 
Race of membership: White
Language: English speaking
Church Historian: 



     Constituted unk.;Southern Baptist Convention, Jacksonville, Tn.; Middle Fl Baptist Convention(1935,1937) See State Annual. Lafayette Baptist Association (no report-Stephensville, 1935) M C. Gardner, Cross City Harmony Baptist Association J. O. Knight, Hardestown, Moderator.

   This church serves an old fishing village at Deadman's Bay; the town is reached from the south, Dixie County, by a ferry, but there is a newer road on the Taylor County side, a branch of road #19. The change in association may have been due more to progress of developement of the country, than to other causes.

The town has experienced recent developement as pleasure resort.

   Pastors who have served this church are:
    o    first settled pastor was Jim X Sheffield 1888-1889, an exhorter, common school.
 


Church records:  None

    

References:  1939 WPA Historic Records Survey




Return to Taylor

FLGenWeb Counties    FLGenWeb Archives
©2013- FLGenWeb Project, Inc.