Churches of Taylor County, Fl. 




The Church of God, 1903


Denomination:  Church of God
Affiliation: National Church of God, Cleveland, Tn
Location 1939: On Hampton Springs Rd between S. Jefferson St & Road #19     
Location 2013: 

Mail addr: 
Current pastor: 
Telephone:
Race: Colored
Church Historian:  Interviewed: Pastor, General Cook; Viola Lewis, Church Clerk.



     Organized 1903;  This church was not listed in 1938 Minutes of Crhuch of God, Cleveland, Tn. The church was organized on Conly? Avenue church at that time being a frame building 18x30. Services
were held here until 1937 when present frame building 36x61 was erected.

   Pastors who have served this church are:
    o    first settled and only pastor was General Cook , 1903-- Common school,  609 Suwannee Ave. Perry.
    

Church records:

     1) A Record of (W.M.B.) Womans' Missionary Book of the Church of God containing minutes of meetings and usual business  membership roll and financial reports showing monies received. 1 vol. in house of Rosetta Robinson (Secretary) 1025 W. Conly Avenue.Condition of this record is fair.

    2) VICTORY LEADERS BOOK contains minutes of regular business and amounts of offering, no record of monies paid out. The records are kept in the church.

    3) LEDGER 1934-1938 A record of The Church of God containing minutes of meetings, motions, reports and regular church business, membership roll, death roll, and monies received. 2 vols. in house of Viola Lewis, church clerk near Riad #19 S directly back of colored school. Condition of record is fair.

    4) RECORD OF SUNDAY SCHOOL Contains minutes of Sunda School , amounts of offering, names of Supt., Sec, & Pastor. There is no membership roll and no recording of disbursements. In house of Viola Lewis near S. Rd #19 directly back of Colored school. But usually kept in church. Condition of record not good.

References:  1939 WPA Historic Records Survey




Return to Taylor

©2013- FLGenWeb Project, Inc.

FLGenWeb Counties    FLGenWeb Archives