Churches of Taylor County, Fl.
Affiliation: Southern Baptist Convention
Location 1939: ¼ n. of Perry, Hwy #19, Perry, Taylor Co.
Church Historian: Interviews members of the church; C. W. Persons, Pastor.
Constituted 1930; This church split from First Baptist Church of Perry, and was organized in a dwelling donated by burton Swartz Cypress Co. in the northeast section of the company quarters, about 300 yards north of the present church. This building used until 1932 when the present church, a T shape, white frame building 30x40 was erected and dedicated; additions 1935. Present membership 178. Active organizations, Sunday School, Baptist Training Union, Woman's Missionary Union.
Pastors who have served this church are:
o first settled pastor was Rev. M. J. Howell, 1930-31. Education unknown.
o present pastor was Rev. C. W. Persons, 1937-- Perry; University of Florida, Gainesville.
1) Convention Church Record, 1930--, 2 vols. Showing membership roll, minutes of meetings, receipts and disbursements, 1930-38. Custody of Clerk, W. E. Baxter, Burton Swartz Lumber Co., Perry.
2) IMPROVED CHURCH TREASURER"S RECORD, 1938--, 1 Vol. Showing receipts and disbursements. Custody of treasurer, W. J. Porter, Burton Swartz Lumber Company, Perry.
3) CONVENTION SUNDAY SCHOOL RECORD, 1937-- 3 vols. Showing list of officers, teachers, pupils, collections. Custody of secretary, Maudell Frith, Burton Swartz Lumber Company, Perry.
4) SECRETARY'S RECORD BOOK for BAPTIST YOUNG PEOPLES UNION OR BAPTIST ADULT UNION 1938--, 2 vols, Showing activities and reports according to Eight Point Record System.
5) D.E.LEDGER, (Records of Woman's Missionary Union), 1935--, 1 vol. Showing list of officers, circle leaders, members, minutes of meetings, receipts and disbursements. Custody of secretary, Anabel Oliver, Burton Swartz Lumber Company, Perry.
References: 1939 WPA Historic Records Survey