Listed on 1860 Sumter Co. FL census with parents, John and Rhoda,
sisters Frances, Martha, and Rhoda, brother William
Listed on 1870 Sumter Co. census with mother Rhoda, sisters Martha and Rhoda,
brothers William, John, James and Robert.
Info on Godfreys brothers and sisters listed under Mattie
Listed as boarder on 1920 Lakeland, Polk Co. FLcensus.
Died Lake Co. FL Cert#78292.
Living in Coleman, FL at death
Son of Godfrey Tompkins and Sue Mae Beville.
Died Polk Co. FL Vol#959 Cert#16880
Son of Godfrey and Sue Mae Beville Tompkins
Married Nina Hunt 25-Aug-1917. They had 5 children:
1) John Albert b. 25-Jul-1918-d. 14-Oct-1997. Died Ashville, Buncombe Co. NC.
John married Pearl Collins 16-Aug-1945.
2) Margaret H. b.17-Jan-1920 Married??Hancock,
3) Daniel Dexter b. 11-Nov-1922, 4) Paul Bruce b. 26-Jan-1923-24.
5) Barbara Elizabeth b.16-Jun-1926 Married ????Vavra
Son of John W. Tomkins and Rhoda Jarrett Crum.
Married abt. 1890 to Minnie. The had 11 children:
1) Jimmy Austin b. 3-Jun-1892-d. 30-May-1930. Married Nettie Irene Griffin.
Jimmy & Irene had 3 children, Eugene, Ruby & Mildred.
2) Martha "Mattie" b. Dec-1895-d. Jan-1945.Married James Arnold Mann.
She had 7 children, May, James A., Arthur Rodney, Richard Herbert, Wilber, William and Roland.
3) Lillian b. 1896, 4) David Crum b. 29-Mar-01898 Married Mary Hagan b. 25-Nov-1901.
They had 4 children, Barbara Ann b. 26-Dec-1930-d. 29-Sep-1981. Barbara Ann married Rev. H.E. Penley,
David Married 12-Sep-1951 to Sabre Banks,
Mary Lou b. 30-Sep-1936 and Cathrine Valmarie b. 18-Nov-1959.
5) Jewell b. 20-June-1900 married Wesley Mann and had 4 children:
Mitchell, Beatrice, David Crum and Clifford.
6) Walter "Doc" b. 1902 7) Rhoda b. 2-Jun-1905., 8) Irene b. 25-Oct-1910 9) Joseph Thomas b. abt 1912
10) Ruby b. abt 1893., 11) Infant b. abt 1894
Born Belton's Mill Spring, Sumter Co. FL.
Died Sumter Co. FL Vol#1320 Cert#18962
Listed on 1930 St. Catherine, Sumter Co. FL census with husband Granville. They married 6-Aug-1922. She died in hospital near Cordelle, GA. She was the daughter of George H. Moore and Americus M. Vernon.
Susan May Beville
Listed on 1880 Webster, Sumter Co. FL census as daughter of Granville Beville and Patience Carolyn Mobley.
The date of birth for Granville is listed as about 1836 and Patience listed as abt 1840. These dates are not correct because they were married in Hamilton Co. FL 11-Sept-1947. I have been to their graves. They are buried in the Beville's Cemetery close to Beville's corner (Hwy 471 and C 48) in Sumter County.
It is a small family cemetery in a cow pasture with a concrete wall around it.
It has been cleaned up and has been taken care of recently.
(It was overgrown with weeds and vines and the graves were hard to see when I was there - Donna McPherson)
Susan married Godfrey Tompkins 12-Oct-1859 in Sumterville, Sumter Co. FL. They had 11 children:
1) Hattie Elizabeth b. 18-Jan-1897-d.26-Apr-1987. She married Henry Clay Carver,
2) Allie Eunice b. 18-Apr-1893-d. Jan-1978. She married Joseph Barney Howard
3) Sue Mae b. 22-Oct-1901-d.11-Aug-1927-Married Henry Perry
4) Henry Clebourn b. 18-Apr-1885-d. 29-Oct-1953. Married Gertrude Lena Fussell
5)Granville Beville. b.Nov-1894-d. 10-Nov-1973-Married Ruth Moore
6) Daniel Dexter b. 6-Oct-1886-d.18-Mar-1923-Married 1st to Mariam Walsche and 2nd Mae Etta Fussell
7) Johnnie E. b. 9-May-1891-d. 28-Aug-1941-Married Nina Hunt
8)Lois Mae b. 23-Feb-1899 9) Unknown child B&D?
10) Albert Elmo b. 5-Apr-1890 11) Corrine b. 3-Jul-1888.
Died Sumter Co. FL Vol#1000 Cert#12246. Listed on 1920 Mayo, Lafayette Co. FL census
with wife Lula, sons William and ??. Son of William Tompkins and Susan A. Knight.
Grandson of John Tompkins and Rhoda Jarrett Crum Tompkins.
See Rhoda Ann Tompkins Koonce buried Adamsville also.
This page updated 20 May 2012