Forts built between 1838/1843
|* Fort Roger Jones (1839), Aucilla (Ocilla Ferry), north of US 90.
* Fort Noel (1839 - 1842), south of Lamont on the Aucilla River,
six miles (10 km) northwest of Fort Pleasant in Taylor County.
Also known as Fort Number 3.
* Camp Carter (1838), near Waukeenah.
* Fort Welaunee (1838), a settlers’ fort built on the Welaunee Plantation near Wacissa.
* Fort Gamble (1839 - 1843) established on the site of Fort Welaunee.
* Fort Aucilla (1843),two miles(3 km) south-east of Fort Gamble, southwest of Lamont, between the Aucilla and Wacissa Rivers. Also spelled Ocilla.
* Fort Wacissa (1838), a settlers’ fort located south of Wacissa on the Wacissa River, West of the Cabbage Grove.