Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church719 Reid St.This congregation organized in nearby Newtown in abt. 1866.
In 1875 built its first church at the corner of Emmett and Hotel Street.
The congergation purchased this land about 1904 and built the present church between 1908 and 1912.
The Stained Glass windows were built by Empire Glass studio in 1908.
Photo © Fran Smith