Emmanuel United Methodist Church700 Main St.
The Emmanuel Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1873 and built a frame church on this site.
It was remodeled in 1912,
then enclosed in a red brick shell in 1969
the Methodists and United Brethren merged, and the name was changed to the present one.
The present church was built in 1981 while Rev. T. E. DuBose was pastor.
Photo © Fran Smith