Flood Hotel
*****************************


 Edward Oliver Flood built a two-story hotel by June of 1912 on this lot.
  Landford's Drug Store was located on the first floor, and Dr. McArtan also had an office in the building. Also located inside was the town's first telephone switchboard.  In 1914, the hotel was moved a block to the east, then burned down. In its place was built Frostproof's first brick building, a bank constructed in 1914 for E.E. Skipper. As the McCormick Bank, it had been established in 1912.

E.O.Flood Hotel
photo donated for viewing by: Dean
***************************************************************************************
return to Frostproof Index

return to Cities and Town Index

return to Polk County Home